July 17, 2011

Tried To Crank! Water Pouring from the back of the Engine

So, got the battery tested. It showed up fine. Redid the connections at the posts. Now Im getting good power from the battery to the rest of the car.

Time to crank. Whats that I hear? Sounds like someone pouring a bucket of water onto the cement. Dang. I looked under the truck and saw a bunch of antifreeze.

Looked in the engine compartment and found a hose with a big split in it. Went to the parts store to get a replacement. They couldn't tell me what size it was. Another post to the forums and I got an answer to my question.

From Hose

Thanks to Shooter from Planetisuzoo.com forum....
That's just your basic 5/8" inside diameter heater hose plus 2 clamps. Not preformed or anything. Connects to the hose "manifold" located atop the tranny between engine and firewall. I'd get 2 feet to play it safe though it isn't that long. Probably need a little grease due to it being a tight fit. Scroll to the first pic in the attached link. The other end of your new hose will connect where you see the hose clamp which is at approximately the 8 o'clock position from the red circle. Make sure you cut the hose a little long to avoid kinking.

I was able to get it fixed and done. Thanks Shooter. Figured i would call it quits for the day.

See the new hose in place.

From Jul 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment